UTRGV employees and dependents, retirees, participating in UT benefits receive discounted prices
Mega Doctor News
By Jennifer L. Berghom
Rio Grande Valley – Employees of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley will benefit from lower out-of-pocket costs when seeing a UT physician for treatment, starting this fall.
Employees and retirees of UTRGV and its legacy institutions who participate in the UT Health System’s benefits plan, UT SELECT, can receive discounted copays and other benefits when they visit UT Health RGV clinical sites and our local health systems-affiliated graduate medical education residency centers, as part of the UT System’s UT Health Network.
In addition, UTRGV employees will be able to receive healthcare services on the university’s campuses starting this fall. Employees will only pay a $10 copay for an office visit at these sites.
The UT Health RGV clinical sites in Edinburg and Harlingen are slated to open in October. The Harlingen site, located at 2106 Treasure Hills Blvd., will offer acute, urgent, primary care and employee health services. That location also houses UT Health Neurology, which offers pediatric and adult neurology care.
The Edinburg site, located in the Research Education Building (EREBL) on campus, will offer employee health urgent care and acute care services.
UTRGV is working on securing a location for the employee health site in Brownsville and hopes to start serving patients there in 2019.
“As a UTRGV employee, you have access to excellent, cutting-edge healthcare,” said Marivel Barrera, senior director of Clinical Administration at UTRGV. “We are creating a large network of physicians who value and are increasing access to healthcare to serve our entire Rio Grande Valley.”
Faculty from the UTRGV School of Medicine, School of Nursing and College of Health Affairs – all of whom are licensed and board certified healthcare professionals in their respective fields –will staff the sites.
The university continues to recruit specialists who provide services that are much needed in the Valley, Barrera said.
The Employee Health centers will operate 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Appointments are available and walk-ins are welcome.
For more information about the benefits UT retirees, employees and their families receive under the new UT Health Network, visit https://www.utsystem.edu/offices/employee-benefits/ut-health-network.
For more information about clinical practice locations, visit www.uthealthrgv.org or call 1-833-887-4863 (UTRGVMD).
- UT Health RGV Primary Care at Brownsville – scheduled to open 2019.
- UTRGV Employee Health Brownsville Campus – scheduled to open 2019.
- UT Health RGV Pediatric Specialty Clinic – 4150 Crosspoint Blvd. (956) 296-1960.
- UT Health RGV Rheumatology Clinic –3115 Center Pointe Drive (956) 296-1987.
- DHR General Surgery Center – 5321 South McColl Road (956) 362-3501.
- UTRGV Internal Medicine Residency at DHR –5423 South McColl Road (956) 362-3575.
- DHR OB/GYN Clinic –2821 Michaelangelo Drive, Ste. 400 (956) 362-3590.
- DHR OB/Gyn Subspecialty Clinic –2821 Michael Angelo Drive, Ste. 202 (956) 362-2465.
- John Austin Peña Memorial Center – 3341 East Richardson Road (956) 296-1630.
- DHR Medicine Clinic – 5423 South McColl Road (956) 362-3575.
- UTRGV Employee Health Edinburg Campus – 1214 West Schunior St. – scheduled to open 10/1/2018.
- UT Health RGV Dermatology – scheduled to open 2019.
- UT Health RGV ENT – scheduled to open 2019.
- UT Health RGV Primary Care at Edinburg – scheduled to open 2019.
- UT Health RGV Vision Center – scheduled to open 2019.
- UT Health RGV Neurology – 2106 Treasure Hills Blvd., #1.326 (956) 296-1519.
- UT Health RGV Surgery & Women’s Specialty Center – 614 Maco Drive (956) 440-9110.
- UTRGV Employee Health Harlingen Campus – 2106 Treasure Hills Blvd., #1.326 (956) 296-1519 – scheduled to open 10/1/2018.
- UT Health RGV Primary Care at Harlingen – 2106 Treasure Hills Blvd., #1.326 (956) 296-1519—scheduled to open 10/1/2018.
- UT Health RGV Surgical Subspecialties – 615 Camelot Drive – scheduled to open 11/1/2018.
- UT Health RGV Primary Care at Laguna Vista – 723 Santa Isabel Blvd. (956) 296-5889.
- DHR Family Health Center – 1000 East Dove Avenue (956) 362-3520.
- McAllen Family Medicine Program – 205 East Toronto Avenue (956) 687-6155.
- Knapp UT Health RGV Family Health Center – 2810 West Expressway 83 (956) 973-3531.