Mega Doctor News
- More than 40% of adults in the United States have obesity, of whom almost 10% have severe obesity.
- Obesity is a risk factor for many health conditions, including cardiovascular diseases, type 2 diabetes, and some cancers.
- The fundamental cause of obesity is an energy imbalance between calories consumed and calories expended.
- However, it may not be just the amount of calories, but the source of those calories that can lead to obesity.
- New research suggests that fructose — a simple sugar found in many foods — may drive obesity and related health conditions.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO)Trusted Source, some 13% of adults worldwide have obesity. Although obesity rates are increasing in low-income countries, most are in higher-income countries.
Follow the link below to read the full article on Medical News Today
Information Source: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com