When you or a loved one is having a stroke, every minute counts. If you’re having any of the stroke warning signs, you want to know that you are going to a facility that can help you as quickly as possible. As Certified Primary Stroke Centers, each Alegent Creighton Health metro hospital follows nationally recognized standards and guidelines for stroke care, which can significantly improve patient outcomes and limit the long-term effects of the illness.
1. Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
2. Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
3. Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
4. Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
5. Sudden, severe headache with no known cause